Monday, April 2, 2012

New Math Chapter

Monday, Monday, Monday! It was quite a busy Monday for us and we got lots and lots done today! I love when we have a very productive day at school and I don' feel like a lot of time was wasted.

Today for math we started our new chapter and it is geometry and patterns! I'm so glad to be done with the last 2 chapters of measurement!! The 1st one was on measuring length, which isn't too bad it just gets a little boring for me. But the 2nd one was measuring volume and capacity!! The kids had such a hard time with it and the lessons were not that great! **note to self I need to find better activities for these 2 chapters over the summer for next year :)** Not to mention the test that they have to take is all with really BAD pictures so it made it even harder!

Ok, off that little rant, and onto what I did today. The kids had to look at pictures and see how many sides and vertices the following shapes had: square, rectangle, triangle, and a circle. And then they had to be able to write a math sentence if there were multiple objects. For the most part my kids seemed to pick up the concept pretty easy. We did this quick foldable so the students had an easy to use reference guide in-case they forgot!

Nothing fancy but it did the trick and helped the kiddos!

Outside


On the inside

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you use Go Math! I agree that the Capacity and Volume Chapter is crazy and the test is awful. I just tested this chapter this past week and 12 of my 17 kids got the same question wrong - definitely a bad test.

    ReplyDelete