Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is right around the corner! So for the next 2 weeks we will be doing all kinds of Mother's Day activities to get ready for the big day! This is my 3rd year teaching and I decided that this will be the year that I will try and host a Mother's Day tea party for the mom's.  What in the world was I thinking when I thought this was going to be a good idea?

 I guess with all of the end of the year craziness my life for the next 2 weeks will be EXTREMELY busy. Not only do I have to plan this, but this week on Tuesday we are having a literacy day and my class won for 2nd grade to get to go to a special presentation given by  an illustrator in the morning, a special guest coming into read to the class in the afternoon and do a little activity, and spend the majority of the day letting the kids read and take AR quizzes. Then on Thursday we have our 4th and last county writing test. Next week on Thursday we have field day and then Friday will be our Mother's Day Tea Party.  So to say the least the next 2 weeks I will be trying to fit in some instructional time in along with everything else.

Ok, back to Mother's Day, my teacher neighbor found this very cute poem that we think is perfect for our almost 3rd graders so I will be putting their hand prints on the bottom of the poem and having them laminated as a keepsake for their moms.  Below is a sample I did with my daughter and I think it turned out pretty cute.  I think I'm going to do them in all in pink, I don't think the green shows up all that well.  I will be back this week showing you all of the goodies that we will be making and giving to the moms next week!

Here's the poem, and I don't know who wrote it, sorry!

There are always so many of my fingerprints to see,
On the furniture and walls from sticky, grubby me,
But if you stop and think a while,
You’ll see I’m growing fast,
Those little handprints will disappear,
You can’t bring back the past.
So here’s a small reminder,
To keep not throw away,
Of how those tiny hands once looked,
To make you smile one day.

 
 Oh, and I don't know about you but we have 6 more weeks of school left before summer vacation!! But whose counting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment